Data collection and use
Mouwatinoun wa Mouwatinat fi Dawla collects, processes and retains data for use in political campaigning and associated activities. Mouwatinoun wa Mouwatinat fi Dawla also retains and processes data that is necessary for the administration of its own internal governance and membership systems. Mouwatinoun wa Mouwatinat fi Dawla takes its responsibilities in relation to data protection very seriously, and we are committed to placing the rights of individuals at the centre of how we collect, hold and process personal information.
We collect data in a number of circumstances, such as when:
- You complete a form on this website, or if you fill out a form delivered by a Mouwatinoun wa Mouwatinat fi Dawla representative
- You have a conversation on the doorstep or over the phone with a Mouwatinoun wa Mouwatinat fi Dawla representative about your views
- You interact with us online, including on social media channels such as Facebook or Twitter.
- You join the party as a member, affiliated or registered supporter, donate or sign up to volunteer for us.
Mouwatinoun wa Mouwatinat fi Dawla also collects and analyses a range of other information about you and the area in which you live, including
- the electoral register,
- publicly available data such as census information and election results, as well as contact information we might purchase lawfully via contact aggregators.
- commercially available data including both precise information (such as date of birth) as well as estimates of other personal information, and geodemographic segmentations,
- information about whether our efforts to contact you in person or over the telephone have been successful, and survey data which you may have directly provided to us or a third party.
We analyse and use the data we collect in a variety of ways, and also combine them (sometimes referred to as “profiling”), for a variety of purposes including but not limited to:
- contact you to canvass your political support and ascertain your voting intentions
- manage the internal governance of the party and our membership database
- communicate with you about our policies, campaigns, events and opportunities to get involved with the party
- understand what issues are most likely to be relevant to each elector and each area,
- decide to whom we should send our campaign materials and messages,
- choose which messages and content we put on the materials we send to you, or show you on social media,
- ensure that donations you make to us are lawful,
- allow us to estimate which way you might vote in elections and referendums, and how likely you are to vote at all,
- help us understand in which areas, at which times of day, and with which people we should focus our campaigning efforts, and
- inform the development of our policy position for future elections and referendums at every level.
Where we have obtained data commercially, our suppliers will either have obtained consent from individuals that their data may be made available for resale, including to political parties, or will have one or more other lawful bases for processing it, such as legitimate interest.
When you join Mouwatinoun wa Mouwatinat fi Dawla or sign up as an affiliated or registered supporter, we will collect, hold and process personal information in order to service the contract that you enter into with the party in such circumstances on the basis of your explicit consent. You can withdraw this consent at any time.
On some occasions, such as when you sign up to receive emails from us or agree to volunteer for the party, we will collect, hold and process personal information on the basis of your explicit consent. You can withdraw this consent at any time.
In all cases we will be clear and transparent about how we use your personal information, only use it for the purposes for which it has been obtained and ensure that appropriate safeguards are in place to maintain its security.
Data you provide to us, for example if you fill out a form on this website, may be matched back to your electoral register record on our systems using the name and address data you provide. This might affect the number and content of future communications you might receive from us.
Site registration and emails from Mouwatinoun wa Mouwatinat fi Dawla
When you register onto the site or subscribe to our emails, we may ask you for contact information (such as your name and e-mail address), geographic information (such as your residential address and constituency), other details about you and your interests with your explicit consent. This is used to help us provide you with information from Mouwatinoun wa Mouwatinat fi Dawla to match your interests. We may also use it to alert you to campaigns you may be interested in and events happening in your area.
Joining Mouwatinoun wa Mouwatinat fi Dawla and renewing your membership online
We collect the required information in order to check you meet the conditions of and to service the contract you enter into when you join Mouwatinoun wa Mouwatinat fi Dawla. At your option, we ask for additional information such as gender, date of birth, social media accounts, occupation, phone number, your contact with current members and your previous political affiliations to help us provide a better membership service to you. Mouwatinoun wa Mouwatinat fi Dawla and its elected representatives nationally and locally, as well as candidates seeking selection in internal Mouwatinoun wa Mouwatinat fi Dawla contests, may contact you using this information. In order to check you maintain the conditions of Mouwatinoun wa Mouwatinat fi Dawla membership we may also use any information which you have made public, caused others to make public or which is already in the public domain.
To volunteer (pledge your support)
We ask for your contact details, address and information on the type of volunteer work you are interested in with your explicit consent. This information helps us identify suitable volunteer opportunities for you within the Party. Your details will be forwarded to the appropriate local or regional party officer who can then contact you.
Donating to Mouwatinoun wa Mouwatinat fi Dawla
The information we ask for is used to process your donation and, if you donate an amount more than 10% of our annual budget, to request approval from the party’s Council of Delegates. Donation information will be stored in our membership database and used to keep you informed of Mouwatinoun wa Mouwatinat fi Dawla news, campaigns and other opportunities to support the party.
Who we share your information with
We will never sell or share your personal information with other organisations for their direct marketing purposes without your explicit consent. We may share your data with third parties to perform services on your behalf and to help promote Mouwatinoun wa Mouwatinat fi Dawla by serving you advertisements and content online about our politicians, campaigns and policies we think you might be interested in.
In order to complete the storage and analysis of data, we may need to store personal information you submit to us on platforms of third-party service providers falling in different jurisdictions. In each case, we ensure that our suppliers provide adequate protection for the rights of data individuals in connection with the transfer of their personal data. Currently, we expect all suppliers to use policies that provide comparable privacy rights to ours.
Personal information on children
Mouwatinoun wa Mouwatinat fi Dawla does not knowingly process any personal details from individuals under the age of 13 without parent/guardian consent. Should Mouwatinoun wa Mouwatinat fi Dawla discover that a child under 13 has provided us with personal information, the party will immediately delete this from it’s servers. Details of under 21s are processed as part of their inclusion in the electoral register in the year they attain voting age, for membership purposes, or for other purposes defined prior to the data being submitted.
We value your trust in providing us your Personal Information, thus we are striving to use commercially acceptable means of protecting it. But remember that no method of transmission over the internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure and reliable, and we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
We want to inform you that whenever you use our Service, in a case of an error in the app we collect data and information (through third party products) on your phone called Log Data. This Log Data may include information such as your device Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, device name, operating system version, the configuration of the app when utilizing our Service, the time and date of your use of the Service, and other statistics.
Links to other sites
Our site contains links to other sites and servers. Mouwatinoun wa Mouwatinat is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such websites.
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behaviour information. When you visit our websites, we may collect information from you automatically through cookies or similar technology
For further information, visit allaboutcookies.org.
What types of cookies do we use?
There are a number of different types of cookies, however, our website uses:
- Functionality – We use these cookies so that we recognise you on our website and remember your previously selected preferences. These could include what language you prefer and the location you are in. A mix of first-party and third-party cookies are used.
- Advertising – We use these cookies to collect information about your visit to our website, the content you viewed, the links you followed and information about your browser, device, and your IP address. We sometimes share some limited aspects of this data with third parties for advertising purposes. We may also share online data collected through cookies with our advertising partners. This means that when you visit another website, you may be shown advertising based on your browsing pattern on our website
How to manage cookies
Your information rights
We would like to make sure you’re fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
The right to access – You have the right to request copies of your personal data.
The right to rectification – You have the right to request that Mouwatinoun wa Mouwatinat fi Dawla correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request we complete the information you believe is incomplete.
The right to erasure – You have the right to request that Mouwatinoun wa Mouwatinat fi Dawla erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that Mouwatinoun wa Mouwatinat fi Dawla restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to Mouwatinoun wa Mouwatinat fi Dawla processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to data portability – You have the right to request that Mouwatinoun wa Mouwatinat fi Dawla transfer the data that we have collected to another organisation, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
How to contact us
If you have any complaints about our privacy notice, the data we hold on you, or you would like to exercise one of your data protection rights, please do not hesitate to contact us at [email protected]
Should you wish to report a complaint or if you feel that we haven’t addressed your concern in a satisfactory manner, you may contact the relevant data protection regulatory in your country of residence.